Wednesday 18 January 2012

Light Graffiti


To create this shot I set my camera on shutter speed for 15 seconds and used two torches which were held by me and my team member.The camera I used to capture this image was the Cannon DSLR , I also used a tripod to keep the camera steady.Me and my partner attempted to write words and shapes unfortunately it didn't come out how we wanted it too however it still looks effective.I like this picture because even though it was a mistake we still managed to create a graffiti look, it reminds me of  someones graffiti tag which you would usually see on the street walls.If I could improve this shot I would take my time when writing the words so it comes out clear on camera.


The equipment used to achieve this shot was a Cannon DSLR camera, two torches and a tripod.We put the camera setting on Shutter speed for 15 seconds and turned off the lights so that we could capture the image.This motion was created by me standing infront of the camera lenses, I waved and criss crossed the torches to create that floaty feeling.I really like this picture because of the bright colours that were achieved and how they blend in together so nicely. It also has a squiggly, floaty look to it which gives the shot a edgy effect.I feel that this image could of been improved by using more torches and coloured paper to add more colours .


To create this technique I switched off the lights in the  room and used a Cannon DSLR camera which was timed for 15 seconds on shutter speed.I also used one torch and a tripod so I could move the camera round but still be steady when capturing. My team member wanted to draw a heart so i pressed the button on the camera and she started to draw.She kept repeating the heart shape which created a kind of 3D image. I like this picture because of the over lapsing, it makes the picture stand out more especially from the background.To make this picture more eye catching i would make the heart bigger and more in the centre.


To produce this image it required a red torch light, Cannon DSLR camera and a tripod.This time I set my camera for a little longer on the time of 30 seconds. The reason for this was that I wanted to have more time to create an image but also wanted to play around with the camera and see what I can produce.Once again my team member tried to write a word but it wasn't really clear of what she was trying to say.I like this picture   because of  the red light  it is very eye catching and stands out. It reminds me of someone signature or graffiti tag name. If I could improve on  it I would write more words and use different colour lights to add contrast.


This shot was achieved by a person holding the torch and spinning around in circles. They also had to use their hands to spin the torch around at the same time as moving their body, this can be quite dangerous.The equipment used was a red light torch, and the Cannon DSLR camera and a tripod. As I mentioned before we changed the setting to 30 seconds on shutter speed.I think that timing it to 30 second was quite helpful in case for you a lot of time to form a circle like this therefore if it was on 15 seconds we wouldn't of been able to produce this image.

What I like about this picture is all the different sizes of circle there's not all equal and move in different ways which create a nice effect.When I look at this picture I think of space and all  different the planets, if i did improve on it ,I would make more circles in different colours and maybe add more shapes for an interesting look.

No comments:

Post a Comment