Friday 15 October 2010

Evaluation

Evaluation of My Video Profile
For unit 62 I had to make a video profile about myself and the things I like doing. There is about 5/6 clips which I filmed they all show me doing the things I love e.g. singing,dancing,modelling etc.I think my short movie was effective because it was entertaining and had a little bit of humour in it. The images on the film were clear and the sound has great quality. I think the video was standard but could have been a bit more proffessional.The effects which was used in the video helped to make the short film more exciting to watch. The techniques which I used was tilt (up, down) and Pan (Left, Right).For some of the clips I also used another effect called zoom (in, out) which focuses on a certain object or scenery depending on if your zooming in or out. I believe that my video could have been improved by using a better quality camera and selecting images that related to what I was talking about. To make my video profile more attractive and eye-catching I think I should have used more techniques/effects. For my profile I filmed myself in different locations which made the video a bit more amusing. I found the editing process very helpful because it helped my video to look more effective. For my editing I added writing to my clips such as ‘Me singing’ so people would understand what I was doing for example: there might have been a deaf viewer watching and by me adding fonts would have made it much useful for them to understand. When filming I was very pleased with my team because they captured every movement and was focused on me at all times which made it easier to edit majority of my mistakes. The equipment I used was helpful to my video profile because it was small and easy to move around when I was moving in my clips. In some cases I find the editing a bit tricky for it was my first time editing and using software like this. I also think when editing I should have used more effects such as images and sound effects because it would have looked more organised than it is now. In my class I asked several students to watch my video profile and give me some feedback. Majority said it was really good and interesting to watch they said the images was clear and they could hear everything I was saying clearly, however, some students mentioned that I could have added some music and maybe images for it would have been more fun to watch. I felt really happy that majority of the students thought it was excellent and this made me proud of my work but I just wished that I added some more effects like what the other students had mentioned. If I had the chance again to repeat my video profile I would have chose a quieter place to film for some parts in the film you can hear other students laughing and walking past which is a bit of a distraction. Overall the most pleased result I am happy about is having a blog where all my friends and family can see it but I am also pleased that I managed to answer the project brief.

No comments:

Post a Comment