Wednesday 25 April 2012

16.2 How to create a scratch disk


Firstly, when you open up 'Final Cut Pro' you must go to the top of the screen and click on 'File'. After that  scroll down to 'New Project' , this will start a new project and remove any previous projects that were there.




After you have finished doing this, click on 'Final Cut Pro' which is on the far left of the top screen, when you have clicked it on it scrolled down again to ' System Settings' and press it.




This is what should appear on your screen. Press the  first 'set' button on the top and  then scroll and down and set all the others ones below: Waveform Cache Files, Cache Files and Autosave Vault.  (These are the files I am talking about).




When you have set all of these you will need to create a new folder. Click on 'New folder' at the bottom of the page. Then name the file whatever you want. I placed it t in Macintosh HD2. Then I clicked 'Create'. Now a folder has been created.




After doing this, I had to click on file again and save my project. Scroll down and click 'Save project as'.



I then named my file  and  clicked on Macintosh HD 2 again so that everything is saved in the same place. I scrolled down to the 'save' button and pressed it. Now everything is saved.




No comments:

Post a Comment